Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The power of encouragement

It's interesting how much an encouraging word can go. For me, it lasts a long time. I have been working out a local gym for over a year now. They all have seen me at my very best- straight out of bed and in my gym clothes. They have also seen me at my highest weight in those clothes and hair! Not a pretty site!!!
In the past 13 months, I have heard many encouraging words. It has gotten me to where I am today. The thing with these kind words is this... I cannot live on just one for a whole year. It seems that every time I step foot into the gym, I get a smile or "lookin' good" commment. It's amazing how that makes me soar. It puts an extra bounce in my step, it puts more energy into my workout and keeps me going each morning. I am so very thankful for those that speak out and tell me they see a difference. I know almost all those that have made a comment will not be reading this. I just want to encourage all of you, to take time and say a kind word to somebody. (I am thankful for those that don't even know me or my name, but will still take the time to say they have seen a diffence in me.) It goes miles!!!
One day I will have the guts to put my before and hopefully soon after picture of me!Until then, I will keep going, working hard and relish in the compliments that get me to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment